IMPORTANT! Once the firmware has been updated, you cannot revert back to a previous firmware. Firmware updates DO NOT remove video data during the update, but we suggest making a backup of any specific video files you need prior to updating.
- Determine if there is an available firmware for your device at http://support.uniden.com/wired-security
- Download the firmware to your computer
- Insert a USB flash drive into the “rear” USB2.0 slot of the DVR or the front USB port. Do not use the Mouse USB port.
- Unplug the mouse from the back of the DVR during the update process
- Shut down the DVR. Settings > Advanced > Shutdown
- Unplug the power from the DVR. Then insert back to begin startup process.
- The screen should say “Updating” instead of the Uniden logo. When completed, the system will reboot itself.
For more than 50 years, Uniden has been creating innovative technologies that help you stay in touch and stay safe. From home security systems and security cameras to radio scanners and two-way radios, we make products that make it simple to stay connected.